Sunday, February 17, 2013

Wonderful Elizabeth Warren, Senator #1

For those who don't already know, please pay attention to the new Senator from Massachusetts, Elizabeth Warren.  She's an expert on Finance and the regulation of Financial Institutions - which is why she's been bitterly opposed by the Beltway insiders, ever since she dared to raise her head in public life.

Sometime soon, I'll post some links to interviews with Ms Warren.

Today she has a video out, in which she challenges financial "regulators" to name the last time they took a Bank to court.  (They can't, of course.) 

You can watch the video here, and there are spaces to show your support for Sen. Warren, and to report your own horror stories of tussles with the Banking bandits.  We all have them!  My own stories are trivial compared to the thousands of people who have had their homes and livelihoods taken from them, but I include them below just for yocks....

Here's the link:  

We should all be thrilled that Ms Warren is in the Senate, and on the important Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee.  Now we need another 60+ honest Senators like her!

My Bank horror story:  (They may have stopped this now, but...) WAMU would deduct all debits from my account before applying credits, so that I appeared to overdraw. Then they'd penalize me for the fake overdraft!

Credit horror:   My credit rating was wrongly downgraded: I challenged a false "ding" to my credit report, and was told twice that it had been removed from my record. But it's still there, and I still get "offers" to pay it off - Nearly 20 YEARS later! (I've written to Sen. Warren before, suggesting that she investigate the whole Credit report system, wherein Corporations are Judge, Jury and Executioner in their own cases, and the citizen has NO recourse!) Furthermore, I've been told by a banker that one's Credit Rating can be harmed by applying for credit, or for checking too often on one's credit rating!

More on Sen. Warren, one of our few genuine Washington Watchdogs, soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment