Thursday, May 2, 2013

Centre For The Study of Corruption


Young Brits looking studious

For reasons too boring to go into, this week I contacted my alma mater, Sussex University. 

Their alumni news mag has a few intriguing headlines, including this one:

"Now, what was I trying to remember?"

A study led by Dr Ildiko Kemenes (Neuroscience) explains how memory lapses could serve a vital evolutionary function.

You can read more about it here.


One undergraduate, Matthew Quanstrom, is running for his local County Council - and I'm delighted to see Sussex students still have hair




What really caught my attention, though, was a new creation.  Sussex has several very interesting, cutting-edge research centres, and I discovered a new one:  the Centre For The Study of Corruption.

A rich field for investigation, I hear you say, boundless even.

There's a video interview on the Sussex website here, with the Centre's Director, Prof. Dan Hough.  Interestingly, he spent four months as a Visiting Fellow at a University in Beijing. (Here's his Bio.)

All the other interesting material in the e-magazine - including studies of the plight of bees - can be read here.


1 comment:

  1. love the thought of young people studying about corruption, the question begs to be asked, for or against?

    ReplyDelete