Friday, September 27, 2013

Help Wanted II - "In A Democracy..."

Hi Friends and other Hippies!

In one of my first posts, I asked for some research assistance from you knowledgeable people, about tracking the source of an anecdote that I had read somewhere, that in a book by a former adviser to President Johnson, the author told how he repeatedly warned the Administration that Vietnam was a quagmire...


I got some interesting links from Eric P - would still be interested in any more info anyone can offer - details in the first  "Help Wanted" Post, below.

Now I'm looking for more assistance please - Classical studies, anyone?

Years ago, I heard that Plato, the father of Western philosophy, said (and I think it's f***ing brilliant), "In A Democracy, everyone should take a turn at governing - except those who want it."

Trouble is, I've never been able to find the source - any ideas, anyone? Perhaps in the "Republic"?

Please add your Comments below!




No comments:

Post a Comment