Saturday, November 16, 2013

Your Interesting Links For 11/16/13

Senator Al Franken says:  "A group of Senators and House members are teaming up and renewing our push to overturn the effects of Citizens United as we hit this important election year!

There’s me and Sherrod Brown, of course, plus other pro-democracy Democratic Senators like Mark Begich, Kay Hagan, and Tom Udall -- and a couple of awesome challengers, Bruce Braley from Iowa and Gary Peters from Michigan.

It’s a fantastic team, and there’s only one member missing: You.

Click here to sign on to our brand new effort to stop the effects of Citizens United!

I don’t need to tell you why Citizens United belongs in the Dumpster of Bad Ideas. Unlimited outside special interest spending? Giving big corporations a pass to buy our elections? No disclosure at all? It’s a mess.

Here’s what I do need: for you to tell me you’ll be part of our new effort to stop this.

My colleagues and I are teaming up, like some sort of anti-special-interest Justice League. But we can’t do it if we don’t each bring our most passionate supporters to this new effort.

Click here today, and join me and other Democrats to fight against Citizens United in 2014!

We’ll be in touch with more on our new effort soon. And thanks for being part of this."


No comments:

Post a Comment