Sunday, April 7, 2013

New Strand - Corporate Horrors

This new Strand to the Blog is for YOU to contribute to!

If you're like me, You are SICK TO DEATH of the ever-repeated LIE that Corporations are good for us. 



The Founding Fathers hated the whole idea of Corporations, and, later, when Corporations were chartered at all, it was only to allow them to perform one project, such as building a bridge, after which their Charter was revoked, and the corporation was wound up.

Watch this space for a Post on The Powell Memorandum....

A major part of the LIE is that Corporations are efficient, and Government is not.  The truth is that you will almost always have a better experience (in the USA) dealing with a Government Department, than you will with a Corporation, except when they are trying to lure you into giving them money, when of course, nothing is too much trouble....

What I want to do with this "Corporate Horrors" Strand, is to give YOU a space where you can post your horror stories.  My own examples are pretty minor, 'cos my Scottish thrift prevents me from throwing away the little money I have, and I watch these bastards like a hawk; I post them below just to start the discussion.

But we know there are people who are bankrupted, even driven to an early grave, by the antics of these business monsters.  Almost every day, the average citizen is forced to spend long periods on the phone, being jerked around by Corporate Bureaucrats.

My Bank horror story:  (They may have stopped this now, but...) WAMU (Washington Mutual Bank) would deduct all debits from my account before applying credits, so that I appeared to overdraw. Then they'd penalize me for the fake overdraft!

Credit horror:   My credit rating was wrongly downgraded: I challenged a false "ding" to my credit report, and was told twice that it had been removed from my record. But it's still there, and I still get "offers" to pay it off - Nearly 20 YEARS later!

I've written to Sen. Elizabeth Warren before, suggesting that she investigate the whole Credit report system, wherein Corporations are Judge, Jury and Executioner in their own cases, and the citizen has NO recourse!Furthermore, I've been told by a banker that one's Credit Rating can be harmed by applying for credit, or for checking too often on one's credit rating!

And don't even get me started on Medical Insurance companies - suffice to say that I no longer bother.

So have at it!  Let's hear your stories!  If we build up a big enough head of steam, maybe we'll even get some action going, to change things.

Remember, when Fascism was invented in Italy, it mean Rule by Corporations!


No comments:

Post a Comment