Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I Want to Meet a Tea Party-er!

One of the strange things about Blogging, is that one has almost no idea who is (or might be) reading what one writes.  The few people who have told me they read "The War On The 60s", tell me they love it.

That's great - but....

One of the biggest problems we have in our current discourse - take a look at Congress right now - is that we tend to talk only to those who agree with us.

Last week I had the pleasure of car-pooling to Santa Barbara with a lovely group of Liberals, led by a local activist named Bill Haff, to watch Robert Reich's new Documentary "Inequality For All".

Bill is pursuing a project which I think is wonderful: he wants to set up meetings with Tea Party members, to discuss how we all view the world, our beliefs and principles (I'm putting words in Bill's mouth), and whether we might be able to find common ground for the good of us all.

I would love for that to succeed, and I'd love to take part.

So, here's the nub:  Is there one, or many, Tea Party supporters in the Ventura/Santa Barbara/Ojai area, who would like to have a friendly chat with some of us crazy Progressives, to try to understand each other's points of view?

If you are reading this, and your world-view is Conservative, Republican, Tea Party, Libertarian, or.... you tell me - and you are interested in such a discussion, please e-mail me at thewaronthe60s@gmail.com.

Thankyou!

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment