Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Powell Memorandum and Other Conspiracies

In my earlier post today, I Want to Meet a Tea Party-er!, I mentioned my interesting car-pool ride to Santa Barbara. On that journey, the subject of The Powell Memorandum came up.

Written in 1971 for the US Chamber of Commerce by Lewis F. Powell, a corporate lawyer and tobacco lobbyist, the Powell Memorandum is almost unknown, yet it could fairly be described as the blueprint for our present state of society.

In this Blog a while ago, I shared an extract from my Book Proposal, "The War On The 60s", in which I described the infamous Memorandum and its effects. For those who may not have seen it, I'm reproducing it today as a separate Post.

Now I've come across another document, another chunk of what we might call the "Anti-Constitution", created by our Con-Founding Fathers....  This one was written by none other than Roger Ailes, President of Fox News

Roger Ailes, Con-Founding Father

You can learn more about the Ailes document in this extract from an interesting new Documentary, "The Brainwashing of My Dad", made by Jen Senko (you can skip the ad, thank goodness) -



The Documentary is discussed in today's "Daily Kos", here.  This is how "Kos" describes the film:
"When the filmmaker's parents moved to a place where her father had a long solo commute to work and started listening to Talk Radio to alleviate the boredom, her family saw him change from a non-political Democrat to a radicalized, angry Right-Wing Republican. What happened to Dad?"



No comments:

Post a Comment